I recently installed an engine (complete from oil pan to the valve cover) from a 2010 Malibu in my 2006 Solstice. (Replacing a blown engine.) The car will not crank / turn over.
- My scanner (HP tuners) reports no DTCs, and my CEL is not lit.
- No security light, though this was formerly lit when I had not properly reconnected the BCM connectors between the chassis/body harness and engine harness.
- Fuel pump is also not being activated
- When turning the key, I can hear relays clicking from the fuse block under/behind the passenger floorboard as well as from the fuse block in the engine bay.
- Lights work.
- Instrument cluster does it's POST thing when turning the key to "start" or "run." (Gauges sweep all the way to the right then back to zero. All lights are tested. DIC shows "Solstice" and then the odometer reading. (I would probably get a "ding ding" with the door opened if I had not removed the stock stereo, which I have not replaced.)
- Windshield wipers work. In fact, as far as I can tell, everything else works.
- There is +12V at the starter (tested with multimeter, and since the engine turns over when shorting (welding!) the starter posts.)
I lost the fuel pump relay, so moved the one for the electric trunk release into the fuel pump spot. They had the same part number and looked identical so I doubt this is the issue.
Car has a new battery (fully charged) and a new starter (properly connected). I can turn the engine over by shorting posts on the starter but, with no fuel, of course it won't start.
At one point when the security light was on (which I assume was just due to the BCM connector not being properly seated), I tried the 30 minute key relearn procedure, just before I found the BCM connector issue and fixed it. I don't suppose it's possible that the car is stuck in relearn mode following a week if sitting?
I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. If anyone has any suggestions, or a place where I can find a diagnostic flowchart for this car, I would be eternally grateful.