The lever that controls the inclination angle of the car seat in my Honda Civic 2001 EX broke. I have been trying to look for a replacement lever, but I can't seem to find one on Amazon. Do I need to figure out exactly what the name of the seat brand is in order to find the lever I need? How should I be searching for parts when I need them?

  • You are talking about the lever on the side which allows the seat to recline? Jun 1 '15 at 20:25
  • yes. I feel like it should be an easy replacement, but i'm not sure how to find the name of the seat that honda civics used in 2001. i was hoping that a google search of honda civic 2001 seat lever would work but i didn't get any hits Jun 1 '15 at 20:26
  • 4
    I'm betting you cannot get the part individually ... I'm thinking your best bet would be to go to a junk yard and pull one out. Easiest way I can think of. Jun 1 '15 at 20:29

The part you are looking for is either called a release lever or a recline knob ... I don't know which, so you'll have to figure which one you need. You may want to call the company and figure out which one is correct for your needs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.