When the car is running, I am no longer able to put it into any gear; like it would happen when you're not holding the clutch, so that is one of the reasons why I think there is something wrong with clutch.
Other, possibly relevant stuff:
- When the car is not running, the shifter seems to be working just fine and I can put it into any gear.
- If I try to start a car while in first gear, it would just jerks and die.
- When the car is running (in neutral gear), and I press and hold clutch all the way, I can hear some light scratching-like noise.
- I might be wrong on this, but clutch pedal doesn't seem to be as stiff as it was before, if that makes any sense.
- Day or two before this happened, I've noticed that the car needed stronger gas to get going. I though it was just because I got some bad quality fuel which is not as uncommon where I live.
- Car was recently (~two weeks ago) on a big scheduled maintenance where oil, * filters and some other stuff I can't name were changed. Shouldn't they have noticed if there was something about to break or wear off?!
Now, as my car is parked in a really tight and hard to push-out-of spot, is there anything I can do to get it going in reverse and at least get it onto the main road so I can call the road assistance service?
Edit: Forgot to mention that this happened overnight. I drove and then parked car just fine. When I came back 1 day later, problem described above occurred.