The image below is from a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire. Credits to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Sunfire) for the photo.

I've put arrows to the the part that I'd like to know what it's called.

I bought a used car and that part is missing.


PS: Please feel free to update the post with more accurate information.

enter image description here


That is called the Engine Crankcase Ventilation Hose ... The part number is 24467120 and is #18 in this diagram:

enter image description here


To add to Paul's answer - the crankcase ventilation hose is required in order to prevent fumes from the engine oil escaping to atmosphere - instead they are ventilated into the air intake, so they pass through the engine and are burnt with the fuel.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.