I ride a
Honda Stunner CBF 125 CC daily for approx 30 kms, with an average speed of 45 km/hr. I noticed that my motorcycle has been consuming too much engine oil like it not used to few years ago.
Now what I do, I purchase engine oil and fill it up on my own. But before that I have to check engine oil is there or not. Sometimes I checks on time, sometimes late and sometimes early. Question is :
- I checked on time: Why I cant feel anything, I mean how come motorcycle doesn't show symptoms of low engine oil. I never felt pickup, whitesmoke, smooth ride issues when engine oil was low.
- I checked early: what are the risks filling it more often. Mechanic at workshop always says engine oil should be changed in 2 months or after a run of 2000kms, but I think I am changing it after 1000kms (because it goes empty)
- I checked late: What are the risks of keep running a motorcycle without engine oil, and for how long I can run it?
Other Details of motorcycle :
- Purchase date: May/2009
- Total Run: 52052
- Run only in City with nice roads, less clutch break usage
- Filter was changed once at 15,000 kms
- Regular service at authorized service station after every 2000kms