What is the normal fuel consumption for injection type Toyota carina e 1.6 cc 4A engine? My 1995 Toyota Carina e car gives 9.5km/l in city and 12 km/l on highways. How can I increase it more? toyota carina e 1995 model 1.6cc
That sounds about right for that model. The only things you could do is make the car as light and easy running as possible, e.g.
- remove the spare tyre and carry a patch kit and air compressor instead.
- fill your fuel tank only 50%. This should save a good 20kg to 25kg.
- go on a diet ;)
- Get alloy wheels if you don't have already
- inflate your tyres properly
- take it to a tuner to remap the engine management unit. They usually lean out the air/fuel ratio to give you a bit more performance, but at the same time a leaner air/fuel ratio means you're using less fuel per cylinder stroke. This will make the car run slightly hotter, but seeing as it's not a turbo vehicle, it's not a problem.