You will not usually see any drivability issues with this other than the check engine light (CEL).
You may find one or more of the following issues:
- Low engine coolant level
- Leaking or stuck open thermostat
- Continuously running coolant fan
- Faulty coolant temperature sensor
- Faulty air inlet temperature (IAT) sensor
- Verify coolant level and strength
- Verify proper cooling fan operation (check if it's running more than it should). Replace if necessary.
- Verify proper engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor operation, replace if necessary.
- Verify proper intake air temperature (IAT) sensor operation, replace if necessary.
- If the above items check out good, replace the thermostat
- If Nissan vehicle, check for Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs), as the ECM may need to be reprogrammed to correct the P0128 code
Other ECT sensor and circuit related DTCs: P0115, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0119, P0125