Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


If the catalytic convertor is truly plugged, you wouldn't be able to drive the vehicle, so this makes me wonder about the voracity of your statement. With a plugged cat, the back pressure created behind it will only let you rev the engine to around 1500-2000 rpm. I had to replace a set of heads on a pick-up truck for a guy because he continued to run the ...


By removing the baffles you have reduced the amount of restriction and backpressure. This has the effect of making the engine run lean. If you get the carbs tuned so that it's running properly, it should run as well as it did before you performed the baffle-ectamy. With a free-er flowing exhaust it may even run better. But that's only if the original ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible