Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


If you have a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter) check the voltage of the battery when this is happening. I suspect that the alternator is not charging. The voltage with the engine running should be (roughly) between 13 - 14 volts, anything less than 12.6 means the alternator is not charging.


I would go ahead and replace both the valve and the o-ring. Also, you most likely have the R134a, as this has become the standard for automobile Acs for the time being. As far as getting the right parts? Try calling Jeep, and getting some part numbers. When you get down to specific small items like these, I doubt aftermarket parts are available. Once ...


Important Caveat: Seeking information for future reference is admirable but it sounds like your wife's car now has at least one non-functional brake. You may be in a position where professional technical help is advisable. Back to your question: Your terms and the picture don't quite match. Are you talking about the "Holddown pins" in the picture? If ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible