Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

AC Delco's website addresses this: How do I read the warranty date code on my battery? The warranty date code is located on the top label of the battery. The first character is either a P or S. The next two digits determine the month, the third digit is year and the fourth digit indicates the manufacturing plant. For example, P 094N means the battery was ...


2

NOTE: Much of your question seems to be a rant, so I will answer the last part, which seems to have gone unanswered to this point. According to the Battery University, a typical lead acid battery will lose about 5% of its charge every month (whether this means 5% of of the total charge when completely full - ie: 5%, 10%, 15%, etc, or 5% of the remaining ...


1

You can try adding some high grade capacitors in between you battery and the starter. This would reduce/ stop the main power surge you are experiencing. Also the car was designed for a smaller batter assuming a standard stereo installation. You are obviously running competition grade equipment and this would most likely require that you add a much larger ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible