Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What is this part pictured below called? It is a roughly rectangular piece of plastic located in the center console, with a cutout containing a cloth or leather hood that covers the shifter lever itself.

enter image description here

This picture is from a 2000 Audi A4 B5, 1.9 TDI.

share|improve this question
Year, Make, Model? – Move More Comments Link To Top Apr 21 '14 at 16:40
up vote 1 down vote accepted

That is normally called something close to the "Audi A4 shifter trim." If you google for relevant images, you see a whole variety of pieces that look like your outline. Here is an example (from this vendor's site):

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

The hard plastic pieces are generally referred to a the console. The soft part that surrounds the shifter is called the boot.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.