Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to replace a tube in my Ford Focus 2000. I tried to look up the schematics for the engine to see what the part is called but I'm pretty newbie so I don't know what I'm doing.

Luckly the tube is quite obvious and I have found an image that shows exactly where it's located.

enter image description here

It's the tube that sticks out from the engine (if the picture doesn't make it obvious enough). I just need to know what I'm looking for when I'm going to go buy one.

share|improve this question
I have a 2001 Focus with this style engine in it (the power steering pump placement is different). It is not the engine that was in the car originally which has complicated the process of getting parts. Do you remember what car the engine came out of? It would really help me to know that. – Rick Mar 16 at 19:43
up vote 3 down vote accepted

That should be the PCV Valve / Crankcase Ventilation Hose. You can find it on for about $12 + shipping. Motorcraft part number KCV118 (as long as your car has the SOHC engine).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.