Engine won't start but turns over. 4 cyl with 8 spark plugs all eight produce no spark while cranking.
I have an 1989 ford ranger xlt 2wd 4 cyl. During the crazy cold spell here in northern Kentucky it wouldn't start and I attributed it to a bad battery(which was bad). I have changed the battery and the temperatures have returned to their normal 30 - 40 F range but the truck still won't start.
Things I have checked:
- I checked to see if the timing was good. No problems there.
- Crank sensor/Harmonic balancer. Everything checked out. assumption was wrong
- All not-inline fuses. Both panels in the cab and under the hood.
- Tested the ignition control module.(bench tested)
- Fuel system(inertial switch , pump, starting fluid...)
I have not went through and checked all of the inline fuses for continuity. Does anyone have any leads on what may be causing this and possibly a fix?