Take the 2-minute tour ×
Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

My motorcycle's front brake is giving a irregular bite.

I don't know how to express it in words pleas check the below illustration

~60Kmph          30kmph         20         10  0kmph 

- : No brake/bite
$ : applied front brake
^ : bite

gets a feeling that the front is jumping up and down when brake is applied

No problem with rear brake. This started after some ride in heavy rain.

its it a alignment problem of disk or wheel?

or some thing like disk bend?

share|improve this question
The way I read your illustration, it seems to be correlated with the rotation speed of the wheel. I would a) inspect the tire for bulges (improbable), b) make sure the front wheel is balanced, and c) suspect the rotor to be warped. –  jensgram Jul 8 '13 at 11:48
Replaced pad, the problem exists..; Replaced Rotor, The rotor wheel wont rotate as like the brake is applied.., disk gets hot, burnt my mechanic's hand... Break bleeded, Problem solved –  limovala Aug 7 '13 at 5:26

1 Answer 1

It looks like you have a warped brake rotor and/or brake pads. A warped rotor will grab the pads intermittently in the way you're trying to describe. In all likelihood replacing your brake rotor and brake pads will fix the issue. Be sure to replace both components, one or the other doesn't usually get you anywhere: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Should_you_replace_rotors_at_the_same_time_as_the_brake_pads

share|improve this answer
I think theres a definite difference between US and europe on this - in europe we mostly dont resurface rotors and routinely change pads without replacing rotors, a rotor normally lasts between two and three pad replacements. –  Mauro Jul 10 '13 at 12:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.