Take the 2-minute tour ×
Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to connect an electrical device that runs on 12V or less voltage.

Where can I connect it from below the dashboard (the lighter doesn't count, unless it has an under the hood part).

share|improve this question
This question doesn't have enough information to answer it well. Does the device need exactly 12V, "automobile 12V", approximately 12V, or some specific voltage less than 12V? Do you want it always-on, or switched by the ignition? Permanently connected or just temporary? While the vehicle is moving? Does it have its own fuse? –  R.. Jun 12 '13 at 3:26
Thank you for the response! It is an arduino device. It could run from anywhere between 5V to 16V on extremes, and it doesn't really matter if it runs on ignition or all the time. The preference is to use it while the car is on, to save energy. And permanently connected, but preferably without soldering. –  FunKy Jun 13 '13 at 13:13

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.