My Ford Focus seems to attract scratches quite badly, and it got to the point that I would like to try and fix them. All of them are rather small, resulting from parking in bushes, careless opening of doors, etc. The metal is not bent, so I would think it should be enough to just paint them over.
There are two types of scratches:
- Deeper ones, as if someone used a sharp object and just made a cut. They are all the way to the metal, have sharp edges but are very narrow (1-2mm)
- Wider ones, that don't actually go all the way to the metal, don't have sharp edges, but still are visible (e.g. when another car touched our with his side mirror).
I already bought matching paint, but I don't know how to apply it, so that the results are best.
- How should I prepare the surface?
- What tools should I use to apply the paint?
- Should I do anything after the paint has dried?
I would appreciate detailed answers, because I am complete newbe in this area.