2004 Honda Odyssey.
Car won't start.
Turn the key, lights come on, all dash comes on, normal beep noises. No bad engine light or anything. Solenoid engages. One click only. Turn off car, solenoid disengages. Not the telltale multiple clicks of a bad starter. Car lights do not dim when the key is turned. They stay solid (headlights do not dim).
- Ground wire(s) appear clean and connected properly.
- Jumping the car does not help.
- Battery is 12.5 and good.
- Ignition switch appears okay as the car turns on each time, not loose, never fails to turn on the lights, just like normal.
- Beat starter, physically. Did not help.
- Rolled the car back and forth few feet. Did not help.
Could the starter still be bad? I hear the solenoid but nothing else. Motor just doesn't turn over. It almost did once, but not again.
Out of ideas. Thanks.