I get a vibration at high speeds (50+), can feel it particularly in the steering wheel, front seats, dashboard. I have been trying to figure out what's going on, keeping in mind that:
- All 4 shocks replaced in April
- Had a side swipe accident, they replaced rear axle, front right strut and one of the rims
- Got brand new primacy mxv4 tires
- this is a 2002 nissan sentra with aluminum wheels
Vibration intensity with time was like this:
- Before the accident: light vibration (I thought from "cupped" tires because of previous struts)
- After the accident (before and after the strut and axle replacement): harder vibration, not much worse, but I thought it seemed more noticeable
- After new tires: harder vibration yet again
I have been to 4 different shops to try to rebalance my tires, check my suspension, everyone keeps on telling me different things!
I am not sure at this point what this is, or how to diagnose it myself?
Is there a way to distinguish between bent wheels, bad tires, bent CV shafts, bent struts, loose/worn steering arms, bad bushings, bad bearings...ahh, so MANY things!