My brothers and I have been working on this car since last fall. So far we've done the following:
- Had the zenith carbs rebuilt and bench synchronized
- Did a compression test - they were all around 112psi
- Changed the oil (actually just replaced all the oil that had leaked out of it).
- Changed the points
- Checked static ignition timing
We still have the following immeate tasks on our plate:
- Adjust the valves - We think that's what is causing the wicked backfires... Any input is appreciated.
- Replace a leaking oil pressure sending unit
- Fix an oil leak around the oil tank (see around 13 seconds in the video)
- Rebuild all 4 brake calipers
Anything jump out at you from the video might be higher on our priority list? We hope to have it in drivable condition by the end of the summer. Wish us luck :)