Take the 2-minute tour ×
Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I accidently let the battery power cable touch the frame of the car and it sparked. Now my car does not light up dashboard or anything type of power. I tried jumping the car and still no sin of life. I checked the fuses and nothing is blown out. I checked the relays and nothing is blown. Can anybody help? IS it the battery, I just bought this 2 weeks ago.

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer 1

Does the car have a big "master fuse" somewhere in the engine bay? If so, that is probably your culprit... There may also be a second fuse box in the engine bay as well as the main one in the cabin.

If you have access to a multimeter, a decent battery should put out just over 12v when the car is switched off, however I doubt that a quick short like the one you describe would ruin the battery.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.