Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I noticed under my hood that a piece looks corroded through. My car hasn't given any warnings or check engine lights and no liquid is coming through. No one I ask knows what it is. Please help!

enter image description here

share|improve this question

Looks like a check valve for the evaporative emissions system. Hard plastic tubing and the solenoid valve on the left side are strong clues for me.

share|improve this answer
I believe you're right. Doing a google search for check valve I found this which looks very similar. Thanks!… – Chris Jul 18 '12 at 21:14

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.