Take the 2-minute tour ×
Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to adjust the height of my Kawazaki ER6n from 2006. Specifically, I want to reset the height to factory settings. Is this something that's possible to do without hiring a certified mechanic or do I need special tools etc to fix this?

share|improve this question
Do you know how it was lowered? Shorter shock, different knuckle? That has a a massive impact on how hard it is for you to undo the change. That said, I would suggest that you have to be very confident that you can do decent work on motorcycle suspension before starting to work on this as a mistake can make you a feature in the scenery much quicker than you'd like. –  Timo Geusch Apr 29 '12 at 15:29
It was lowered with the stock suspension still in place. I'm going to leave it with a professional and watch them do it and hopefully learn something useful in the process. It's just not worth the risk since I have no real experience from before. –  Phil May 6 '12 at 17:55
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.