I just got my 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited 4WD back after 4 weeks in the shop, there was a problem with the transmission and $1800 later the transmission was completely replaced.
I was driving when the Service Engine Soon light reared its ugly face. Luckily I recently bought a OBD-II Diagnostic Transceiver so I was able to quickly find any problem there may be. The software returned a single error code P0431 which after a Google search I found to be linked to Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2.
I must preface the actual question by saying I have no intention to do the work myself.
- I would like to know exactly what this error means.
- Might this problem be related to the service that was just completed?
- How long can I go without fixing this before it becomes a serious problem?
- How much might it cost me when it comes time to do the repairs?
- Someone mentioned to me this problem would affect my car's fuel efficiency. Is this true?