I have several developing rust spots on my car.
What's the best way to remove the rust / prep the surface?
I picked up a wire cup brush with a 1/4", but it's limited to 4,500 RPM. My tool options are a 1/8" collet Dremel (won't fit), 1/4" die grinder (20,000+ RPM), and a battery drill (600 RPM, and under-performing when I tried it).
- Can I limit the die grinder's speed by limiting the air pressure and still have it be usable?
- Do I just need to go buy something else entirely?
What should I do for the best chance at a good paint application?
I already have a can of color-matched paint in a rattle can.
- Must I apply primer first? How many coats?
- Is there a particular kind / concern about applying it?
- Not relevant to this particular job, but is there a difference in the primer I'd use for metal vs. plastic?