I recently left my Harley Davidson 883 Superlow in ignition on for 8 hours, headlight drained all the battery. This was my first time jumpstart experiment. Had following few questions, happy to be corrected or redirected to previous questions. Thanks.
Voltage dropped to 4.5 V I am currently charging the battery with battery tender, is it impossible for this battery to come alive? I read many places saying once battery goes below 10.5 its dead, should I just tow my bike or continue charging? ( After 24 hours charging now voltage is around 6.8v, I've got battery tender junior .75 amp charger)
When I tried to jump it using my car battery, (afer multiple failed attempts) all the lights came up, engine did the booting sound, but when I pressed start button engine is trying to start and fails. I checked the voltage (at the bike end) its 12v only thing is cables are 12ft, and my theory is because of this length voltage is maintained but not current flow (amperes) is that right?