Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a 2008 Honda Civic that is currently leaking water into the backseat floorboards. We have done some diagnostics that have shown the seal on the outside of the window has separated from the window, and is allowing water to run into the door (and then into the backseat). I was hoping to find a way to replace this myself. Any ideas?

share|improve this question
Maybe you still have guarantee from Honda, worth checking this first. – Gabriel Mongeon Nov 21 '11 at 17:54

Do you mean the rear windscreen or the side door window? If it is the windscreen, I believe they are bonded in and so will be very difficult to do anything with unless you have specialist equipment.

If it is the door window, the seals on these usually clip to the door frame and so should be replaceable. You may find they you have to remove the window glass to do this, but the procedure for that ought to be oulined in the workshop manual (if you can still get hold of those for cars that recent)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.