What should you check/clean/replace on a Motorcycle?
- Change the oil (10w40) and filter twice a year
- Periodically check the tires for pressure, cracks, bumps (I forget the technical term), wear
- Lube the chain (I believe every 500km is the standard)
- Tension the chain
Other things I don't do, but maybe should:
- Carbs (clean/calibrate) - I'm a little scared to touch them since it's a 4 cylinder engine and I know you have to be very careful fooling around with the settings.
- Replace/clean air filter - I'm not sure how often to do this, but I don't think it has ever been done on my bike...
- Replace chain - I'm not sure how often this should be done, but I find my chain stretches a little more every year and has to be replaced occasionally
- Fork maintenance - I take it to a shop to have the fork seals fixed every time they start leaking, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to prolong their life.
This may be a community wiki kind of question, since there may be more than one correct answer, but I don't see the option. Anything outside the accepted answer, I'll add to the question.